Thursday, September 1, 2011

Us, Obsessive? Only in an alternate reality!

Um, yeh, well, the alternate reality is here...now.  The problem is Gene and I both have our obsessive sides, so when the two of us join forces on a project, there's no one around to modulate our enthusiasm.

Remember in my last post I said we were going to work a couple hours on Sunday and then go wine-ing?  Not.  We decided we had enough wine and stayed home instead...to work on the shop!  Although, we did decided to build a little wine cellar under the stairs in the new shop.  See, it wasn't a total wine-loss day!  We did take it easy though...even got in a nap!

Gene made window bucks Sunday.  And then we put up a couple more rows, just 3.  We have, however, worked at a slower pace this week.  If all goes as planned, we should finish this lego building blocks portion of the project this weekend.



Status at the end of Saturday.



Status as of last evening.



View from opposite end.

Just cuz it's a cool angle.  From inside the back door.

Last but not least a couple pic's from Saturday, compliments of a friend.

Wes and Gene bending rebar.


And just to prove that Wes and I don't always have rebar sticking out of our heads....

As my friend said, "See the sunny look good hard work puts on them faces."
In reality the 'glow' is the 92º sun glistening off the sweat!
Where's my mint julep!?


I'm getting too old for this stuff.  My body hurts from new and previous issues, and to add insult to injury, I keep adding more injury by falling into the walls.  Gawd.  Our wedding vows did not read, "For better or for worse or for building stuff "!  I think the 'building stuff' is somewhere in the middle...depending on the day.  But, when it's all said and done we'll look back on these days with fond memories (especially while working in the shop!), scars and owning enough stock in Advil to retire on.  Ah, those were the days.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to run, er, I mean hobble, to town to get some giant telfa pads to dress my newest (and most lovely) wound.

I dunno, I'm thinking a nap supersedes the trip...


No comments:

Post a Comment